JOIN OUR TEAM
- Employer WetRocknRide
- Job reference 34677Emp
- Location Hartlepool, County Durham
- Salary range Competitive
- Job added 14 March 21
- Final date for applications n/a
Wetrocknride Ltd are looking for a bike mechanic and shop sales staff member. The ideal candidate will have relevant knowledge and experience. (Cytech Qualification desirable) or willing to be trained to Cytech L2. We are a family run business and looking for an individual to deliver the highest standards to our customers.Working in the workshop and customer facing preparing and servicing all bikes. Applicants should have good knowledge of cycle maintenance and working on various bikes.
Part time and apprentices will be considered. Please send a cover letter and CV to apply.
- Desirable (Cytech Level 2 or above, Ebike training in Bosch and Shimano) or to be trained.
- 2 or more GCSEs at grades 9 to 3 (A* to D), or equivalent, for a level 2 course.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work individually or as a team.
- Positive approach and a can do attitude.
- Attention to detail.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with your hands.
- To be able to carry out basic tasks on computer or hand held device.
Your day-to-day duties may include:
- Building a bike from scratch to a customer’s specification.
- Identifying problems with a bike and discussing solutions with the customer.
- Estimating the cost of repairs and giving quotes.
- Carrying out a bike service and safety check.
- Carrying out repairs and replacing parts.
- Cleaning, degreasing and lubricating bike parts.
- Giving advice to customers.
- Ordering bike parts and keeping a log of stock.
- Taking bookings for repairs and processing paperwork.
- Talking with suppliers and dealers.
- Attending cycling events to provide repairs and technical support.